Yesterday was another full day spent with Mark working on the Robot Army. He’s taken my sub par original revision of the delta brain board and is making it more practical for my needs and for my audience who will use it in the kit I’m Kickstarting.
So far he’s made one huge adjustment : making it so VCC is not directly opposite from ground on the I2c bus. Apparently you can flip the connector around and blow things up this way (oops). He was either making a point, or practicing ritual sacrifice by blue smoking one of our three test boards >.< This is just one of the examples where he has filled in for my general lack of experience with his circuit wizardry and electronic prowess.
While he tinkered, I did PR stuff. I’ve pretty much been rewording the same write-up in a dozen voices while emphasizing different aspects of the project depending on who I’m plugging myself to. This is getting rough because I’m complete numb to whether or not I’m communicating what I need to effectively anymore. Saying it over and over again is turning the content in my head into an information slushy machine.
Other than that, I’ve been looking at the layouts of other successful Kickstarter pages and taking notes. I know I don’t have to have it all ready yet, but I’ve made some new catchy graphics this weekend as well as taken a few dozen product photos to go in them. It’s a long but fun road!
Last night, Jeff and I were also looking at the EEG I’ve been thinking about buying. It turns out the version of the device I’ll need is $750. I’d love to have it now so I can start that portion of the development but hell… I can’t fork over that amount right now (even without having to pay for my computer’s repair). Mark however found an open EEG circuit that he said was pretty basic and might be worth a try for starters. – So that is something else to consider in the next week or so.
I’m hoping to order Rev 2 of the delta’s brain by this weekend. That’s the goal.